Eviaz: Example of the Gift of Discernment

adminpc
Site Admin

Eviaz: Example of the Gift of Discernment

Post by adminpc »

2 Corinthians 6:16
**What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols?

**For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

What a wonderful question. Understanding it will help you understand yourself a little better. You are a Temple of God. God lives in us, and among us are groups of people who are temples filled with idols. There is no agreement between us, nor can there ever be an agreement until someone
changes the godhead of their temple.

I've worked with people on a daily bases for the past 16 years in the secular world, and there have been times when my heart was warmed when certain people would come in. But, saddly, there have been many more times when my spirit would warn me about others. How can you tell what your spirit is saying?

Pretend you are just a naked spirit walking around... a poof of valor, and someone else's naked vapor walks in. Either your spirits are
the same likeness, same type vapor, or they will be different and repel from each other. Now, if you clothe the spirits again with a soul
(mind, will, and emotions,) then It begins to discern what your spirit is seeing. If you are experienced at it, your soul can be an assistant and give you a greater understanding. If not, your spirit gets an uneasy feeling inside. If you are not even paying attention, then you miss it altogether.

Pay attention! That means make a double effort to stop, pay attention to your heart, and then begin to investigate what's going on.

Jennifer Eviaz
adminpc
Site Admin

Re: Eviaz: Example of the Gift of Discernment

Post by adminpc »

Eviaz:

Discerners are spiritual watchmen and gatekeepers. The Bible talks about the role of watchmen and gatekeepers in a very practical sense. In ancient times, watchmen were guards who would watch from high towers and walls over their grain fields and cities. One of the Hebrew words used for watchmen is the word shamar, which means to watch, protect, keep and guard. 3 Watchmen would watch for any sign of danger from potential trespassers or enemy armies who would want to invade, rob, spoil and destroy the fields or the city. Gatekeepers were attendants at the city gates or other designated gates who would control access to the city and other important places. Watchmen, then, would work with the gatekeepers to keep the gates shut and guarded at any sign of danger.