Spurgeon: Pastors Blessing

adminpc
Site Admin

Spurgeon: Pastors Blessing

Post by adminpc »

Pastors Blessing
Spurgeon:

Titus was bidden to make full proof of his ministry — there was surely something to prove. Some are “vessels unto honor, sanctified and meet forbthe Master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.” (2 Timothy 2:21.)

The Master is not to be denied the choice of the vessels which he uses, he will still say of certain men as he did of Saul of Tarsus, “He is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles.” (Acts 9:15.)

When our Lord ascended on high he gave gifts unto men, and it is noteworthy that these gifts were men set apart for various works: “He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors andbteachers” (Ephesians 4:11); from which it is evident that certain individualsb are, as the result of our Lord’s ascension, bestowed upon the churches as
pastors; they are given of God, and consequently not self-elevated to their position.

Brethren, I trust you may be able one day to speak of the flock
over whom “the Holy Ghost has made you overseers” (Acts 20:28), and I pray that every one of you may be able to say with the apostle of the Gentiles, that your ministry is not of man, neither by man, but that you
have received it of the Lord. (Galaltians 1:1.)

In you may that ancient promise be fulfilled, “I will give them pastors according to mine heart.” (Jeremiah 3:15.) “I will set up shepherds over them, which shall feed them.” (Jeremiah 23:4.) May the Lord himself fulfil in your several persons his own declaration: “I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem,bwhich shall never hold their peace day nor night.” May you take forth the precious from the vile, and so be as God’s mouth. (Jeremiah 15:19.) May
the Lord make manifest by you the savor of the knowledge of Jesus inbevery place, and make you “unto God a sweet savor of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish.” (2 Corinthians 2:15.)

Having a priceless treasure in earthen vessels, may the excellency of the divine
power rest upon you, and so may you both glorify God and clear
yourselves from the blood of all men. As the Lord Jesus went up to thebMount and called to him whom he would, and then sent them forth to preach (Mark 3:13), even so may he select you, call you upward to commune with himself, and send you forth as his elect servants to bless
both the church and the world.