Being Lead by the Spirit

adminpc
Site Admin

Being Lead by the Spirit

Post by adminpc »

En Punto
Arriving at Three: a study in spiritual exactness.
C. R. Oliver
page: 44

I shall never forget in Sao Paulo, Brazil, a car mechanic named Angelo. After a week of my preaching and saying "The Lord spoke to my heart and I did thus and so," he could tolerate no more of it. ... The second Sunday was harvest time when church members took tracts and went wherever the Spirit lead them. Angelo took a number of tracks but confessed that he did not believe that God spoke to anyone, let alone gave directions as to His will. So, at 2:30 that afternoon, he departed like all other church members who attended --- but with one variance --- he had determined that he simply would wander down a few streets and return home if the Lord id not speak to him and lead him. He did exactly as he determined with one exception, he had to walk further than he expect so that it would not be obvious to the other members what he was doing. This took him down streets normally not traveled. As he exited from the main street, he walked about a half block when he noticed a man standing by an open garage door. He approached the gentleman who greeted him in this manner: "Are you the angel?" Angelo looked startled. He replied, "My name is Angelo, but I am not an angel." The man explained that he and his family had been praying that morning for the Lord to send someone to tell them more about Jesus. They had been given some gospel tracts earlier in the week by some foreigners, and they did not fully understand the way to salvation. The man further explained that the Lord had given them a vision with this instruction: "Go at 3 p.m., stand by your garage which is next to the street, and I will send an angel to instruct you." Angelo entered his home, and in less than an hour, he emerged reeling in the joy of having brought an entire family into God's kingdom. This was not the end of it, for as he was winding his way home, he got lost and had to walk several streets out of the way to get where he intended. He mulled over the events which had just taken place as he traversed the side street. He was startled from his thoughts as he almost stumbled over a lady who was seated very close to the street.

The steps leading to her modest home jutted up behind her. She said, "Are you the angel?" Haltingly, he repeated for her the same works he had given the former inquirers; he thought: "Here I go again." She said that she and her daughter had received gospel tracts from some foreigners as they came from the bus terminal a few blocks away. They experienced such conviction from the message in the tracts, that they had cried out to God for salvation. Having no Bible and no instruction, they felt hopeless until a voice told them, "I will send my angel to you this afternoon, wait by the steps." She had been waiting a long time. Within minutes, two more precious souls were born again.

Angelo literally ran from her house, leaping with joy and full of repentance for doubting that God could speak to him and direct his life....

~~~~Unquote~~~~~

We must hear our Lord. We must hear Him speak to us and obey. There are others out there who desire to be saved. And, oh, how sweet is His Voice..

Dear Jesus, Help us hear.

--

════════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════
⊰⊰⊰⊰⊰⊰⊰✿⊰ I ⊰ B e l i e v e ⊰✿ ⊰⊰⊰⊰⊰⊰⊰⊰
════════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════

How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!
... to guide our feet in the way of peace.