Christian Living: Diligence

adminpc
Site Admin

Christian Living: Diligence

Post by adminpc »

What is diligence? How about defining it as being fully focused on a thing? Always keeping an eye on it? Always aware and paying attention to something? That work for you? Let me add in one more thing… how about adding in paying full attention to it whether we ‘feel’ like it or not? Is that a better picture of what the word diligence means?

If we are fishing, we have to pay attention to the pole and give it a good yank if the bobber starts to move around. If we are off roasting marshmallows and stuffing our faces with good outdoor cooking, then we are going to miss that bobber doing it’s dance. Well, the same attention must be applied to our faith, especially day to day and during the work days where things demand our attention. We must take a break and check in with the Lord.. just touch bases with Him if that is all we can do at that moment.

Have you noticed how much the world is texting? Everywhere we go, someone is texting. If it is not texting, it is facebook. You know, I should start a category on this blog and name it “God” and then instead of texting on facebooking, I could type a text out to the Lord and talk to Him more. lol

Anyway, why is it so important to be diligent, beside the fact that the Bible tells us to be diligent?
Well, we can become subject to the environment around us if we are not watchful and keep our guard up. I like to call it “getting slimed,” like the green slime that you could buy in the toy section. Sometimes I find my head just nodding away at one of my co-worker’s description of a tenant. Bless the Lord, the Holy Spirit lets me know real quick that I am on the verge of gossip and standing in agreement with someone speaking into that tenant’s life. Oh NO! I have to back track quickly and speak the goodness of God over the tenant’s life. In one hundred years from now, it won’t be important what mankind has thought about the tenant, but it will be of the upmost importance where that person’s relationship with God stands.

It is the small things that we accept into our minds that begin to cloud our eyesight, thus preventing us from discerning what the Lord is thinking in any given situation. So, be diligent!

Lord help us to be quick to hear your promptings and grace to always remain diligent, keeping our eyes open to see what You see.