Pink: Bold Prophets

adminpc
Site Admin

Pink: Bold Prophets

Post by adminpc »

A W Pink

None but the living God can effectually say unto His servant, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness," (Isa. 41:10) Thus granted the consciousness of the Lord’s presence, His servant goes forth "as bold as a lion," fearing no man, kept in perfect calm amid the most trying circumstances. It was in such a spirit that the Tishbite confronted Ahab: "as the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand." But how little that apostate monarch knew of the secret exercises of the prophet’s soul ere he thus came forth to address his conscience! "There shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word." Very striking and blessed is that. The prophet spoke with the utmost assurance and authority, for he was delivering God’s message—the servant identifying himself with his Master. Such should ever be the demeanor of the minister of Christ: "we speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen."