adminpc
Site Admin

You are not your body

Post by adminpc »

"I wish my hair was blonde…"
"I wish I was tall…"
"I wish I was thin…"

"I wish,… I wish,… I wish,…"

But, you are not your body. We are not our Bodies.

Why is that statement so important?

Because it seems as if our bodies try hard to define who we are. As we watch television,or walk through Walmart, or review a reality show, we can see there is a constant emphasis on how we look. This focus affects us, and it affects our standing with the Lord. Not because God looks at us and says we are too short to sit in the chair there in the Heavenlies, (Eph 2:6) or that we should come back when our muscle tone is much better . . . No, these are not the things that the Lord says to us. These are things that we say to ourselves.

We, as Christians, can be heard saying the most terrible things. Such as, "God, I'm sorry, but I cannot be your minister because I am a woman." How about hearing the Christian say, "Lord, I cannot be your prophet because I am too young." (that was what Jeremiah told the Lord.)

Have you ever been to a marvelous church meeting on a Sunday, and so elevated and filled with the presence and the joy of the Lord, only to lose it the next morning when you got up and started getting ready for work? You rise early in the morning with your feet barely touching the ground, you whisp towards your closet and gather your clothes for work, and then enter into the bathroom and the gaze at yourself in the mirror ... so happy to see the smile on your face . . . Until all of a sudden, you see 'you' looking back at you. In many of us, there is just a little disappointment. But, that's okay.

Until we are made like Christ, our bodies will never be able to fully represent who we are in the spirit. If we eat good every morning, that being eat the word of God as our nutritional bread, and if we do our daily exercises, let's say like walking in love, and if we get the proper rest, as in getting the proper rest in the Lord and staying at peace, then our spiritual bodies are going to be strong and in shape and ready for business or warfare. Although we might not see this in the mirror when we see ourselves, that is the truth of what we really look like and the enemy fears us. Likewise, if we do not eat proper, get good rest, and do our exercises, then we are going to be skinny . . no matter how buffed we are in the flesh.

So the point I want to make, is this, do not look into the mirror and judge your self by your flesh. And you know something? You already know this deep inside you. The first thing that you think you look at the mere is "something is not right." You are correct. That image in the mirror is not a proper representation of who you are in Christ. In Christ Jesus, you are a mighty warrior, a man or woman of faith, perfected, sanctified, and righteous before God, and much much more. Gee whiz, it is a wonder that the mirror can even contain an image of you. I would think that the mirror should shatter at our first gaze into it in the morning, but perhaps, this is the Lords blessing to us that it does not shatter. Don't you think so?

So remember, You are not your body.

~ ~ Shalom ~ ~