No Time For Buns

adminpc
Site Admin

No Time For Buns

Post by adminpc »

No Time For Buns

As I was looking into the bathroom mirror brushing my hair this morning, I thought about the ladies who tie their hair up in a bun and wear their dresses down to their ankles. God bless each and everyone of you for your dedication and marvelous love for the Lord. But as I look in the mirror, I can see I don't have enough hair for a bun, and I don't even own a dress… I haven't owned one in many years.

I don't feel bad that I can't put my hair up, and I like it short. It's easy to take care of. If you knew me personally you'd understand the power in that statement when I say that it is, "easy to take care of. "

I'm a pretty high strung person when it comes to outside curricular activities away from my personal devotions and God time. Taking a long bath, taking too long to get dressed, and many other normal activities get rushed through just so that I can get back to what I was doing… interaction with others in Christ, reading a book, reading my Bible, praying, or writing in my journal. I have a very low tolerance for distractions.

Yet, I have learned to adapt…

I do have a job and I do my work, I do brush my hair, I do the dishes (with my earbuds and listening to a sermon), and a few other things that I have to do. But honestly, I am not content if my nose is not in a book that is showing me the things of God and expanding his kingdom in my life. I see so much pain in life around me that it compels me to seek the Lord in deeper ways that will benefit those who are suffering without Jesus and lack understanding of how He is the answer for them.

I love it when God is the center of the topic.
I really wish more people felt the same way.

PS 84:10
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.