See as He sees

adminpc
Site Admin

See as He sees

Post by adminpc »

I'm seriously impressed by the new Jesus movie they call, "The Chosen." It is not a movie per se, but it is a series of episodes last about 45 to 60 minutes. I was hooked on the show in the last three minutes of the first episode. The compassion shown to Mary Magdalene should impress everyone.

Last night I watched one of the episodes from season two named, "Matthew 4:24." It showed what the disciples were doing behind the scenes as Jesus was ministering for long hours to the sick.

The deciples got into an argument between themselves on issues concerning their past lives and the need to forgive. After this arguing had gone on for a while, Jesus comes by their area to heading to his tent to get some rest after a very very long day. Jesus was very tired.

Jesus walked past the disciples looking really worn out. The disciples, upon seeing all the sacrifices Jesus had made for all the people that came to see him that day, the disciples were silenced, even shamed a bit for being so self minded while Jesus was sacrificing and taking care of the poor.

I loved the contrast between being worldly minded and being heavenly minded. I love how the show portrayed such a difference between the way the Lord thought and how the disciples acted. It was a great example of how you can get so entangled in the world and totally miss the things of heaven that are happening around you.

For me... Already this morning I had to change my mind and the way I thought about a person and see them as Jesus would see them. It takes practice to view people as Jesus sees them.

Know what I mean?

sj