Management Control of Friends

adminpc
Site Admin

Management Control of Friends

Post by adminpc »

Friends: Managment Control 🤔😀

I keep my friends at a safe distance. That distance can be really short, or it can be very long. I try to do what is best for all involved. Can you understand what I mean?

Some say that fear builds up a wall and keeps "hurts" away, but wisdom does too. There have been some toxic people in my life that I have had to quarantine just avoid being overcome by them. I know for a long time I felt really guilty about not being the "super friendly and loving christian" that Christians are to be known for, but over time I realized that trying to be friends with someone who was only a 'user' was drawing the life out of me. I had to break ties. This would be one of those friends that the distance between us would be 'very long.'

I have a few friends whom I consider the distance as being 'short.' I've been told that these types of friends are far and few between. I believe it, at least on this side of heaven. Once we get home, I believe good and close friends will come out of the woodwork. Our tour of duty on this earth does not afford us the full benefits that Heaven will provide, but the Lord is the One who said that 'it is not good for man to be alone." As we follow Him, He will provide for our needs, even our emotional needs are not ignored by Him.

Remember the son who died and was on the way to being burried when Jesus raised him from the dead and gave him back to his mother? Can you imagine that? One minute your whole life is broken into pieces and then the next moment, it is 'more than restored.' More than restored because nothing will ever be the same again. No one associated with you and your son will ever forget such an event. But,can you see the compassion Jesus had for the mother? And then, there are those who are in the middle. They can be 'sort of close' or just a casual acquaintance.

The casual acquaintances can be the 'fun' ones because there is less emotional ties invested. We tend to keep them at bay just a bit, and don't allow them into our inner circles. That way, things remain safe and secure and we are free to just relax without extra baggage. It really works well when all involved in the relationship agree on a casual relationship. The level of responsibility lowers quite a bit and everyone feels free to be themself.

When a person begins to break out of the 'casual' and heads toward a more serious commitment, it can send sudden sense of alarm to those who are already overloaded with emotional investments. Our world seems to already be bubbling over with too many commitments and burning themselves out. It is with God’s wisdom we have to walk through life and it’s many various avenues. Having and chosing friends is no different. Each person has a world of assets and baggage. Does the Lord want us to link together and share? Or do we need to back up and submit ourselves to prayer and intercession? (Even intercessors must be led as to which assignment the Lord has commissioned them to.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts I wanted to share. It started getting long and it’s time for work.

Thank you Lord for our jobs.❤️💕