The Raven Walk

adminpc
Site Admin

The Raven Walk

Post by adminpc »

We do not know a lot about where Elijah came from, but we do know he came from God with a message from the Lord for the king. After boldly delivering the message to him, Elijah disappears from human site. He goes to a stream out of harm's way and stays there until told to leave. He lives on water from the stream and meat brought twice a day by a raven.

The raven symbolizes the provision if God through unconventional means. It is God being God and doing things anyway He wants, and man being a man with his needs provided by God. Man is tucked away safely, fed, and given instruction on what to do next . The letter of James to the church said that Elijah was a mean just like us. With that said, we have no excuse not to walk as close to God as Eljah. And we can expect some weird things to happen. Good things. Supernatural things. Win the nation to God things. As far as the raven being used to represent evil and darkness - that is not the way God is thinking, it is just the devil's way of trying to steal something from God.

The thing is, the devil never created a thing in his life, stealing is all he Can do. As for me, I took it back. At this place, the Raven is just the beginning. ~ ~ The Raven walk began for me over 20 years ago. It was the day when I made the honest decision to follow the Lord no matter where he wanted me to go, I was willing to just walk away from everyone and everything. How did I come to this place? I saw the way of man being the same thing over and over. As a child, go out and play. As an adult, go to work. Then as you retire, get sick and die. In my heart of hearts, I knew there was more to life in God than that.

I had read the Bible many times and enjoyed all the great and wonderful things He did. I wanted to live with a God like the Bible talked about. I did not know how to make contact with Him like those great saints in the Bible, but I was going to try. I really hated this kind of life the world offered. I had been baptized in the Holy Spirit years before, and the God the charismatic churches offered was a little more exciting than previous ones I had attended. At least there was an element of the supernatural involved, but there was also an earthly dryness still. I wanted a God that showed me He still parted the seas.

Honestly, I nearly gave up. Have you ever enjoyed an Bible study so much that you wished it would never end? That was, and is, my life. It is my everyday passion- to know Him more and more. Years ago, if someone interrupted my prayer time, I would come out fussing and being very irritable. It took some working on me by the Lord to stop me from blowing my peace (and everyone else's peace too.) Nonetheless, the Lord continued to work with me. Have you ever experienced these things? If so, let me ask you this... where do you think these passionate desires came from? They begin in Him, and He puts them in you. That means, for as much as you want Him---HE WANTS YOU.