Smith Wigglesworth: Blind man won’t take no for an answer

adminpc
Site Admin

Smith Wigglesworth: Blind man won’t take no for an answer

Post by adminpc »

Smith Wigglesworth Shares:

I was finishing a meeting one day in Switzerland. When the meeting ended and we had ministered to all the sick, we went out to see some people. Two boys came to us and said that there was a
blind man present at the meeting that afternoon. He had heard all the words of the preacher and said he was surprised that he had not been prayed for. They went on to say that this blind man had
heard so much that he would not leave until he could see. I said,
―This is positively unique. God will do something today for that
man.

We got to the place. The blind man said he had never seen. He was born blind, but because of the Word preached in the afternoon, he was not going home until he could see. If ever I have joy, it is
when I have a lot of people who will not be satisfied until they get all that they have come for. With great joy, I anointed him and laid hands on his eyes. Immediately, God restored his vision. It was very strange how the man reacted. There were some electric lights.
First he counted them; then he counted us. Oh, the ecstatic pleasure that this man experienced every moment because of his sight!

It made us all feel like weeping and dancing and shouting. Then he pulled out his watch and said that for years he had been feeling the raised figures on the watch in order to tell the time. But now, he could look at it and tell us the time. Then, looking as if he had just
awakened from some deep sleep, or some long, strange dream, he realized that he had never seen the faces of his father and mother.

He went to the door and rushed out. That night, he was the first person to arrive for the meeting. All the people knew him as the blind man, and I had to give him a long time to talk about his new sight.

I wonder how much you want to take with you today. You could not carry it if it were substance, but there is something about the grace, the power, and the blessings of God that can be carried,
no matter how big they are. Oh, what a Savior! What a place we are in, by grace, that He may come in to commune with us. He is willing to say to every heart, “Peace, be still” (Mark 4:39), and to every
weak body, “Be strong” (Deut. 31:6). Are you going halfway, or are you going all the way to the end?

Thought for today: Do not be deceived by Satan, but believe God.