Grace to buy a Jeep

adminpc
Site Admin

Grace to buy a Jeep

Post by adminpc »

Grace to buy a Jeep

After many many years of using older vehicles graced under the blessing and protection of the Lord… It became apparent that the Lord was prompting me to invest in a newer vehicle.

I felt like the Lord was giving me a desire to purchase a better quality vehicle that would last several years. I began looking at Jeeps. Everything looked great except they were pretty pricey.

But the topic did not go away. I begin to get a sneaky suspicion that the Lord was guiding me to purchase a jeep.

Then it happened…

I knew that I knew that I should go down to the car lot and check out their used jeeps. There was a 2022 with 2000 miles on it on the used lot. I applied for the loan and drove out knowing that I had done with the Lord wanted me to do even though it incurred a debt. I knew in my heart was a good investment for the future.

After I got it home, there were a couple of times I wondered what in the world I was doing. But I knew that I had done right. And then a couple of days later, there would be a few other doubts that would hit me face on. But I knew that I had done with the Lord wanted me to do. I was confident in this matter. I even knew that the Lord was giving me special grace in this matter to have this confidence so that I could resist the fear of making such a large investment financially.

Then, all of a sudden, every bit of my confidence spilled out on the ground. I was left standing there vulnerable to doubt. I had no confidence that I had made the right decision. I had fear that circumstances would mount up to prove that I had made a terrible decision. But I did have a knowing, and understanding of how the enemy works. I knew what I was up against. I stood my ground… And yes, my faith and confidence returned.

It’s no fun to be ‘faithless.’ It’s an empty feeling of being lost and scared that every decision you make will be the wrong one and bring havoc down upon your head. You lack confidence in God and have none in yourself. You feel as if the next step might bring your undoing. But, the Lord does restore us.

I am so grateful to the Lord for His ‘grace’ upon us. I have joy in my heart with great expectations of the future because of His grace. It’s a supernatural thing. I can’t create it, nor pretend to have confidence. It’s a gift from the Lord.

God gives grace to the humble. James 4.6

🦋sj