Katie Souza: Mountain of Aging

adminpc
Site Admin

Katie Souza: Mountain of Aging

Post by adminpc »

The Mountain of Aging, Death, and Disease
Katie Souza
Excert from her book: Be Revived

More than a year ago the Lord showed me a vision of a huge mountain that was blocking my access to the next level. As I looked intently at it, I became troubled by the enormity of its cliffs and elevation. When I asked Him what the mountain was called, He said, “Aging, death, and disease.”

People say there are two things you can always count on: death and taxes. Both are considered inevitable. As believers we understand that death is only a transitional moment. However, aging, death, and disease are at work in our bodies every single minute until we make that glorious passage. They slowly and insidiously drain our vitality, one precious drop after another, until all that remains is a withered corpse.

That day, as I stared at the mountain before me, I wondered whether it was even possible to climb what seemed so impassable. Thankfully, Jesus said that it was, and He made it sound easy:
Jesus answered [His disciples] and said to them, “Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.” —MARK 11:22–23, NKJV

Have you ever read this verse and pictured the impossibility of a mountain jumping into the sea at your command? I have. Yet I knew God was calling me to take this mountain not with my puny faith but with His faith. That’s what happened to Zerubbabel when he returned from Babylonian captivity. Amid the most adverse conditions, God called him to rebuild the temple and assured him that his “mountain” would become a mere molehill:

For who are you, O great mountain [of human obstacles]? Before Zerubbabel [who with Joshua had led the return of the exiles from Babylon and was undertaking the rebuilding of the temple, before him] you shall become a plain [a mere molehill]! And he shall bring forth the finishing gable stone [of the new temple] with loud shoutings of the people, crying, Grace, grace to it! —ZECHARIAH 4:7

Zerubbabel and I were both called to complete essentially the same task. He had to reconstruct the temple structure; I had to learn how to rebuild the temple of the body. Each of us faced a mountain of obstacles. Zerubbabel dealt with people problems, whereas I encountered the obstacle all humans face: battling the slow, deliberate process of death that occurs over a lifetime. As I read Zechariah 4, I could hear God mocking the enemy: “Who are you O great mountain! My people will bring forth the finishing stone of this new temple!” It would happen exactly as Zechariah prophesied: “not by might, nor by power, but by [His] Spirit”! (Zech. 4:6, ESV).

As soon as I committed myself to the battle, in my mind’s eye I saw the mountain again. This time, an eagle soared over its crests. Immediately I knew that massive formation would be thrown into the sea by a revelation of renewed youth! Psalm 103:5 says, “You’ve supercharged my life so that I soar again like a flying eagle in the sky!” (TPT). Isaiah 40:31 adds, “Those who wait upon GOD get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind” (MSG).

Taking the mountain of death includes walking in renewed youthfulness and beauty. So many people today have cultivated enormous influence through social media. Some make millions, even billions, just by flaunting their looks. Sadly, followers allow themselves to be manipulated by celebrities who are beautiful and seem to have flawless looks. As Christians we know our value does not come from our outward appearance. But I believe we should look amazing—not because we want to keep up with reality TV stars, but because we have conquered the mountain of unhealthy aging, death, and disease and understand the supernatural power we possess to restore our youth.

I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of thinking about how I look and feel. I want the freedom to serve God and think of others first. That’s why I have fiercely pursued the truths in this book. I want to tap into His supernatural power to look and feel great. I believe you want the same.