Keith Butler: The Shepherd Will Lead

adminpc
Site Admin

Keith Butler: The Shepherd Will Lead

Post by adminpc »

Ref: Keith Butler

Psalm 23: 2
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

The job of a literal shepherd is to watch over the sheep: he leads and the sheep follow, he calls and the sheep come. But sometimes sheep will go astray. When this happens, the shepherd will leave all the other sheep and go search for the one lost sheep and bring him back to the fold.

Well, that's the role of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is always leading and guiding you, but He also will bring you back when you are going the wrong way.

Now, it's important to remember that God's provision is where He leads you. Sometimes, God will lead you in a way that's different than what you thought. You may say, "God, why am I going this way; it doesn't look like the right way. I know someone who went this way and they failed."

Many times we think our b lessing was supposed to be over there, but the Lord says, "No, my provision for you is over here."

Well, how do we find out which direction the Shepherd is leading us?

It's done in prayer. That's why you can't get away from prayer. You have to spend time before God until your spirit becomes sensitive to which way the Holy Ghost is going.

The Shepherd wants to lead you in green and luscious pastures. There is great provision for you there, but you have to allow Him to be in charge. You have to stay with the Shepherd-follow him. If you go off on your own, you will miss some good eating and waste a whole lot of time.

And while everybody else is eating and getting fat on what God has for them, you are weak and hungry. Then you want to say, "God, how come this is happening to me?" It's because you strayed away from the Shepherd.

Remember: there is only one Shepherd, the rest of us are the sheep. Too many believers want to be the shepherd of their lives. They want to call the shots on everything. They want it their way and they don't want to yield to the Shepherd.

When you allow the Lord to be your Shepherd, you shall not want anything. He will make you to lie down in green pastures and lead you beside still waters. These provisions only come when you allow the Shepherd to lead you in every area of your life.

Scripture References: John 16:13; 14:26 Psalms 143:10-11