Wommack: Break the Curse

adminpc
Site Admin

Wommack: Break the Curse

Post by adminpc »

Andrew Wommack: BREAK THE CURSE
"But one of the first things I did when I got turned on to the Lord was to cancel that curse; I broke it. It didn’t matter what happened to my dad. It wasn’t going to happen to me...."

If you listen to the news for just a few minutes, you will hear a lot of junk. There’s so much negativity on the news. For instance, they will talk about flu season and everyone getting their flu shots. Most people will think, I’m only human. I’ll get the flu if I don’t get those shots. If you listen to everyone and think you are going to get the flu, you will. But there is no season when the Word of God doesn’t work—not even flu season. We need to stand on scriptures like Psalm 91 and declare that no plague will come near our dwelling. I’m determined to stand on the Word of God and walk in supernatural health.

Most of us listen to the sewage of this world and hear what the world is experiencing, so we expect to get sick. Most people let what happens in the world affect them. They may say, “Oh, I’m only human.” But if they’re born again, they are not only human—one-third of them is wall-to-wall Holy Ghost—one-third of them is saved (e.g. the spirit). We should not get the same stuff the world gets. We shouldn’t be comparing ourselves with those who don’t have God living on the inside of them. That ’s ignorance. The politically correct way to say this is that our lack of knowledge that’s is problem. In Texas we would say, “You’re stupid. How dumb can you get and still breathe?”

My dad died when he was fifty-four. He was a functional invalid my entire life. He could never throw a ball or do anything active with me. When I was twelve years old, he died from heart problems. People said that I was going to have heart problems, hardening of the arteries, high blood pressure, and all kinds of other problems when I got older since these things are hereditary. But one of the first things I did when I got turned on to the Lord was to cancel that curse; I broke it. It didn’t matter what happened to my dad. It wasn’t going to happen to me. My mother, on the other hand, lived to be ninety-six and was as strong as a horse until her final years. Why didn’t people tell me that the good genes of my mother would help me, instead of only focusing on the bad genes of my dad and pronouncing the worst possible outcome over me? It’s because people tend to look at the worst-case scenario. Most people will say, “Well, my dad had heart problems, so I guess I’ll have heart problems.” They just accept these things as fact. We need to stop comparing ourselves with our parents and other people. This thinking limits the healing God wants to do in our body.