Jennifer LeClaire: Persecution

adminpc
Site Admin

Jennifer LeClaire: Persecution

Post by adminpc »

✅Prophesying Amid Persecution
Jennifer LeClaire
From her book: The Prophets Devotional

"God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers" (Matthew 5:11).

When I first starting writing articles for Charisma, the floodgates of persecution were opened against me. I had no idea Christians were so vitriolic. Some readers didn't believe in prophets, so I am not sure why they were even reading the maga-zine. Others persecuted me because I'm a female and the Lord
"suffereth not a woman to teach." Others were flat out heresy hunters who twisted my words, demonstrating their ignorance of Scriptures.

Yes, people have made satirical videos about me, created cartoon memes about me, written scathing articles about me, mocked me while I was in the pulpit, confronted me vehemently when I came down from the pulpit, sent me nasty letters pronouncing judgment over my life and more.

At first, this used to bother me, but then Ilearned to rejoice. You need also rejoice in the persecu-tion.
Jesus said, "God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way" (Matt.
5:11-12).

Throughout history, God sent prophets who were persecuted and even killed. Second Chronicles 36:15-16 recites, "The Lord, the God of their ancestors, repeatedly sent his prophets to warn them, for he had compassion on his people and his Temple. But the people mocked these messengers of God and despised their words. They scoffed at the prophets until the Lord's anger could no longer be restrained and nothing could be done."

The true prophets didn't lash out in the midst of persecution.
They didn't defend themselves. And they didn't stop prophesy-ing. They stayed the course. We can do better than stay the course. We can rejoice and we should. The ancient prophets are seeing great rewards in heaven for not giving up and so will we. Ask the Lord to help you keep an eternal perspective in the face of persecution.

-Prayer -

Father, in the name of Jesus, help me not to lash out at my persecutors. Help me not to defend my rights. Help me not to stop prophesying boldly just because people don't like what You have to say. Give me the strength to keep going in the face of the opposition by focusing on eternity.