Not Enough Information can hurt us…

adminpc
Site Admin

Not Enough Information can hurt us…

Post by adminpc »

The professor told us:

A story of a mother who was raised in the lower class section of town, commonly called at that time, the 'other side of the tracks.' She already had several children and did not want any more. She went to the family clinic and was given some birth control pills. Thing is, she was not told how to use them. The doctor and nurses at the clinic assumed she knew how to take the pill and just gave them to her and sent her home.

A short while later, the mother returned complaining that she was
pregnant again. She was angry and did not understand. When asked if she was taking the birth control pill faithfully, she replied that she inserted them every time.
--
I add:

Too often we assume that others know what we are talking about. Our old words of 'sanctification' and 'redemption' are important to us, but how many really understand these words? In our christian culture today, even the concept of 'holiness' is not understood, nor agreed upon.

When communicating with others, it is needful for us to be able to cross linguistic barriers and make sure the listener understands what we are really saying. One of the saddest words in my life was the misunderstanding of what "salvation" really meant. No one ever told me that it meant: delivered, rescued, healed, protected, and even more (do a google search). With a proper understanding of this one word, my life was changed for the better. We need to take some time and review some of these old fashioned words and bring them into full living color. We should not be fearful and think that we are putting the Lord Jesus on the spot by saying that He will protect us, or heal us, or or or... Go ahead, step out on that limb of faith and proclaim the good news in English (or whatever language you speak) loud and clear.

:)