Low Self Esteem

adminpc
Site Admin

Low Self Esteem

Post by adminpc »

Kris says: Low self-esteem has caused many people to lose sight of the greatness that God has placed in them. (Basic Training For the Prophetic Ministry)

I say:

I read a story years ago that stayed with me. It was about a man who was dying and wanted to be healed. I think it was Wigglesworth that was passing with the man. Nonetheless, Jesus appeared in a vision and held out his hands to the man so the man could rise up off of his death bed and be healed. As the man started to go forward to Jesus he stopped in mid stride and looked at Jesus with tears in his eyes and told Jesus he could not come to him, he was not worthy. Even after receiving encouragement, the man still refused to go to Jesus and be healed. Yes, he died.

This story stayed with me because it showed me how our opinion can raise its ugly face and kill us, all the while looking all religious and such. It is called pride. Some call it false pride. Either way, it is putting our opinion of ourselves over the opinion that Jesus has of us.

Low self esteem keeps our eyes on ourselves. No matter what we do, something about it will be wrong. Too much of it and the enemy will join in and then everything we do will seem to be evil. The accuser never misses an opportunity to make us look or feel bad.

To get over it, confess you have the problem, ask for help to overcome the problem, and start seeing yourself as Jesus does. Just as he had his arms open for the man who needed to be healed, he had his arms open to us also. Let's do this right and remember:

Jesus makes perfect choices,

He chose you

You are His perfect choice...

:)