Jennifer LeClaire: Testimony

adminpc
Site Admin

Jennifer LeClaire: Testimony

Post by adminpc »

🔹Testimony by Jennifer LeClaire🔹

Standing on a North Miami Beach bridge with yachts passing by in the dark blue water, my husband presented me with diamond earrings. He wanted to renew our wedding vows. It was a grand good-bye as he set out on a month-long trip to Latin America on a special work assignment. That was the last time I ever saw him.

After a good-bye kiss, he promised to call when he landed. Several hours after my phone should have rung, there was no call. I did not think too much of it, since cell coverage was spotty in the region. The next morning, however, our two-year-old daughter started asking for Daddy, so I called again. No answer. Days went by, then weeks. I could not reach him. My concern was growing, and my baby was increasingly adamant about seeing Daddy.

After three weeks passed, a friend urged me to call the U.S. embassy to help find him. What I found out was shocking: He had never entered the country to which he told me he was headed.

With my investigative journalism skills, I tracked his location through news organizations. I was told what country he was in and given a phone number where I could reach him.

When I called the number, a Spanish-speaking man answered. I asked him to put my husband on the phone. The man on the other end insisted that my husband was divorced and engaged to marry his daughter.

That is how I found out my husband had abandoned me. It was a life-changing, mind-blowing, earth-shattering event—and it would not be the first one.

Within months, I was accused of a crime I did not commit and landed in jail, fighting for my freedom. After forty days, I was vindicated and released, but it cost me every penny I had. I came out of jail with a small child, no job, no home and no money.

Decades ago, when I was picking up the pieces of my broken life, I had no idea that God would use the devil’s one-two punch to prepare me for my highest calling. I discovered that Romans 8:28 is true—God really does work all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I also realized that what does not kill us really does make us stronger. I learned that the trying of my faith was working patience in me so I could walk in my destiny.

I endured several life-changing, mind-blowing, earth-shattering events as I pursued God’s highest calling on my life. I survived spiritual abuse at the hands of a controlling church leader. When I left, I lost every friend and every ministry position I had, and sat on a shelf for several years. During that time, I had no idea that God was moving me into my life’s work, beginning with the launch of Awakening House of Prayer. Nor did I have a clue that He was going to make me the first-ever female editor of Charisma magazine.

Some years later, my body started shutting down for no medical reason. I felt as if I were losing, day by day, everything I had built over the last twenty years. I was frustrated beyond measure. It was a spiritual attack. False prophets were cursing me, and it was affecting my health. When the curse was broken and I recovered, I walked away having learned to rest in spiritual warfare. It was a vital lesson for the next season. I had no idea that God would start sending me to the nations of the earth to raise up prophets to throw Jezebel off a wall (see 2 Kings 9:30–33).

You may not have to go through the extreme trials and tragedies I have endured—or maybe yours have been more intense. God does not bring those trials and tragedies, but He does use them to prepare us for our highest calling. Bishop Hamon’s book will encourage you as you walk through your process. You will find understanding into why you are experiencing suffering, inspiration that keeps you from giving up and revelation that will put in you a determination to reach your highest calling in Christ. Every Christian needs to read this book.

Jennifer LeClaire, senior leader, Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida; founder, Ignite Network; founder, Awakening Blaze prayer movement