Some People Make Me Cringe

adminpc
Site Admin

Some People Make Me Cringe

Post by adminpc »

Have you ever had someone around you that just made you cringe? I mean honestly, you just could not get away fast enough. I know it sounds so hard and cold hearted, but sometimes those in the world can just be a huge turn off and getting some distance between them and yourself is the only relief available.

I think that the only way we can seriously be justified in ‘running away’ is when we have really tried before. We have to give the situation our best before throwing in the towel. Try to be friendly and caring, try to be hospitable and encouraging, but also be willing to put the matter into the Lord’s hand and walk away if necessary.

I had to do that recently. I had to turn my head and heart away from everything I stand for because it was just wrong. I wanted to be loving and warm, but the person has been a ‘user’ (both using people and strongly suspected of using drugs). Every person she has come into contact with has ended up trying to help but ended up having to close the door and leave. False accusations and 911 calls have pushed away many who have tried to help. I can not embrace this person and help her, even now in the hardest season of her life.

She has cancer and lives alone. She has no one living with her to hold her hand and help. She does have a family that checks up on her daily, even hourly, but she gives them reports that she hasn’t eaten in five days, and doesn’t have any food in the house. The family knows better because they purchased food for her before they had to leave town for their own medical issues.

I am grateful for this family who has taken her under their wing, and I am sad that she isn’t in a place emotionally where she can honestly be helped by people who have big hearts and really care. And I am pained, like many others, that when we want to reach out and help, there are times when we can not. It is important to see the wisdom in keeping our distance and staying in prayer. Remember, prayer changes things. Don’t settle for the attitude that cops the cry, ‘Well, at least I can pray.” No, prayer is the first and most powerful thing that can be done, and it is available to each of us.

Now... believe!
Prayer changes things. 💕❤️🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️💕