Jennifer LeClaire:. I've Been Delivered of You

adminpc
Site Admin

Jennifer LeClaire:. I've Been Delivered of You

Post by adminpc »

I’ve Been Delivered of You
Jennifer LeClaire
Devotional

“Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant” (Galatians 1:10).

I’m known for speaking out what others refuse—or are too afraid—to say. Some churches bring me in just because I am willing to “tell it like it is.” We don’t need more sugar-coated prophecies in the Body of Christ. We need bold, redemptive truth telling. I’m willing to deliver those wake-you-up, grow-you-up words in love because, well, I’ve been delivered of you.

What does that mean? It’s a phrase a friend of mine from Kansas City used to say. Basically, it means I am free from man-pleasing. I am free from bowing to what people want me to say because I only bow to God. You can’t bow to man and bow to God at the same time. “I’ve been delivered of you” means I don’t care if you invite me to speak at your conference, sow into my ministry, or even follow me. My concern is what God thinks.

Prophet, when you do things to impress people, you have your reward—and you may have to live with knowing you compromised to get it. Large crowds, fancy titles, and handsome honorariums should not move us. We should ultimately be motivated by eternity. When we look at our actions through an eternal lens, we see what really matters and what really doesn’t. When we behave as if an eternal God is watching—and He is—then we become aware of what truly matters in this life and what truly doesn’t.

The applause of man may feel good in the moment, but even man’s greatest rewards are fleeting. And we’re not mouthpieces for man. We’re mouthpieces for God. Ultimately, only God’s rewards can truly satisfy our hearts. That’s why I choose to pursue the rewards of obscurity. Anything that’s not motivated by love won’t last in eternity.

Jesus put it this way, “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other” (Matt. 6:24). Say it with me, “I’ve been delivered of you.”

— Prayer —

Father, deliver me from my insecurities. Deliver me from people pleasing. Deliver me from the opinion of man. Help me, Lord, to make what You think about me my primary concern and what You speak to me my primary message.