Wommack: How to Pray for the Lost

adminpc
Site Admin

Wommack: How to Pray for the Lost

Post by adminpc »

The Authority of the Believer
How to pray for the Lost
by Andrew Wommack

🔹"I command this demonic blindness and hardened heart to be gone in Jesus' name."🔹

I'd like to share with you some biblical ways to effectively pray for a lost person. This kind of prayer is like water. Once the seed of God's Word is planted, it must be watered. Prayer isn't a substitute for planting a seed. You can water barren ground all you like, but it won't produce a harvest. You must plant the seed of God's Word for people to be born again. However, these are some good ways to pray and water the seed that's been planted.

As you start praying for a lost person, you need to recognize that God loves them infinitely more than you do.
(God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
JOHN 3:16)

The Lord doesn't want any lost person to perish, but to repent, turn to Him, and enjoy everlasting life.
(The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2 PETER 3:9)

In light of these truths, you could start praying for a lost individual by thanking God, saying, "Father, I thank You that You love this person so much that You gave Your only begotten Son for them. It's not Your will for them to perish, but to come to repentance and turn to You. I thank You, Lord, that You've already provided for their salvation."

([Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1 JOHN 2:2)

God not only loves the whole world, but He's already died for the sins of the whole world. He's already paid for them. A person who goes to hell is going there with their sins paid for. The reason they go to hell is that they reject the payment— they refuse to believe and receive the Lord Jesus Christ.

LABORERS ACROSS THEIR PATH

You can continue praying, "Father, I thank You that You've already made provision. Jesus, You were the atoning sacrifice for everyone's sins—not only those who believe, but also those who are lost. So, Father, I thank You that You want them to be saved and You've already provided for their salvation."

Then you can take your authority and start speaking things that need to happen. Since God has to flow through a person, you can pray according to Romans 10:17 and say, "Father, Your Word says that faith comes by hearing Your Word. So I'm praying that Your Word will come across their path."
Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
MATTHEW 9:38

Then pray, "I ask that You would send forth laborers across their path. I believe that right now someone is coming to them to share Your Word. If they're in a bar, let a preacher walk in and give them the Gospel. If they're at home watching television, I pray that they would come across the Word being presented in a program. If they're driving their car, let them turn the radio on to someone sharing the good news. Father, I ask You to send laborers across their path at their job. May a coworker sit down next to them and start telling them how much You love them and how they can be born again."

REMEMBER THE WORD
Pray that the Word they've already heard will come back to their remembrance.
(But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
JOHN 14:26)

Say, "Father, I pray that the Word they heard when they were a kid in Sunday school would come back to them." Somehow, they must receive the incorruptible seed of the Word. Then, offer yourself as a vessel. It's very ineffective to pray, "Oh God, send laborers across their path," if you're not willing to be one. If you have an opportunity to tell them the truth, take it. I recognize that in certain instances and for whatever reason that person may have just totally cut you off. Maybe there are certain things that this person won't let you talk to them about. However, if you can speak to them, then do so.

If I was praying for God to bring the Word to someone and then, as I was praying, the Lord said, "You go talk to them," I would stop my prayer right there and go talk to that person. Maybe Id have to call them on the phone, but somehow I would act on God's leading right then. I wouldn't pray about it anymore until I had done as He instructed me to do.

Also, you can take your authority and stand against the devil.
(In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2 CORINTHIANS 4:4)

This verse reveals that a demonic power operates in people who don't believe, blinding them to the truth so that the light of the Gospel won't shine unto them. God needs someone in a physical body to take their authority and release His power, saying, "I command this demonic blindness and hardened heart to be gone in Jesus' name."

Now, I need to clarify something here. Because you are praying for another person who has their own free will, you may need to pray these things for them again and again. This isn't praying in unbelief because they may be negating your prayer by exercising their own free will. Let's say you pray for this person, breaking the blindness and hardness of heart. God opens up their heart, and all of a sudden this deception is gone and the Word is coming to them. They're remembering scriptures and people are coming across their path. Still, if that person isn't ready to repent and receive, they'll reject this conviction and drawing of the Holy Spirit. Their own free will has more power and authority over them than you do. So even though you've prayed for them and you know it's working, they have the right to reject Christ. If they do, then you have to pray that prayer again. It's not that you prayed one of those prayers in unbelief. You believe that your prayer was answered, and it was, but the person just hasn't responded yet.

Pray in faith again, releasing your faith for God to minister to them and break that blindness so they can see Christ. Hopefully, as they are hit with the Gospel a number of times, it will eventually penetrate and begin to soak in. The reason you have to pray this kind of prayer over and over again is due to the fact that the other person is constantly voiding your prayer by hardening their heart.

REMIT THEIR SINS
Another way you can pray for this person is to remit their sins.
(Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
JOHN 20:23)

Contrary to what some people have taught, this doesn't mean you can forgive someone of their sins. You don't have the power to forgive sins. However, you can remit them. When someone with cancer is symptom free, they'll say they are in remission. Remission doesn't mean that the cancer is gone, just that there are no visible or physical signs of it. So when the Word says that you can remit sins, it means you can deal with the effects sin causes in that person.

In praying for a lost person, you can break off the demonic blindness and hardness of heart. You can pray that laborers would bring God's Word across their path and that it would come back to their remembrance. You can also remit their sins. All of these are biblical and effective ways to pray. Even though they may choose to resist and reject the drawing of the Holy Spirit, you can be confident that through your prayers God is continuing to work in their life.