Sj: Does the End Justify the Means>

adminpc
Site Admin

Sj: Does the End Justify the Means>

Post by adminpc »

Does the End justify the means?

Concerning Great Britian needing some financial help from the United States, Princes Margaret and President Johnson had a dinner together to discuss the matter.

From what i understand, based on a tv program (and a google search), Princes Margaret was banned from coming back into the United States after she made a mockery of her royal title with her lavious and lude lifestyle. In the 60’s, Princes Margaret was able to assist England in a loan from the United States provided by President Johnson after an evening dinner and late night dancing. At first, we are told, President Johnson did not want to entertain English Royalty, but changed his mind when he heard the Princes was in the states. Evidently, he was attracted to her unethical political construct of wild and obnoxious vs the reserved and traditionalness of Queen Elizabeth. He considered her to be ‘down to earth’ much like himself.

After Princes Margaret was sucessful in obtaining the much needed finacial help for her country, she requested to the queen to be a part of the queen’s company and handle other such political assignments. The queen denied her request. Princes Margaret may have had sucess in obtaining the loan, but she also broke every royalty rule in the book. Instead of being traditionally dignified, she was vulgar and obnoxious. The Queen would have nothing more any future smears against the crown.

I appreciate the ‘principle’ the Queen followed. She prusued excellence and demanded it within her organization. I suppose many would say that the Queen was just being a snot about it, but it is not only the result of the assignment that gives permanancy and respect, it is the integrity of leadership in the whole process.

The end of a matter does not justify the means to obtain it.

stace