A Small Funeral

adminpc
Site Admin

A Small Funeral

Post by adminpc »

Small Funerals
Funerals are where people gather to show respect for those who have died. It may be a loved one, a friend, or a very important person to the people. We gather and share stories, weep, and feed each other and then weep some more. We try to get through some really painful moments by leaning on each other. But, I think there is another side of the funeral that we might need to grasp.

I suspect that right now, very few persons would to come to my funeral. What? Only a few? One might ask me what I”ve been doing with my life. My life is a lot of behind the scenes work. I am pretty much a quiet person and most of my interaction is done online. There are a lot of people like me who have contacts beyond our local settings. What about us? Would our funerals reflect the actions we have participated in?

My secular job is much like the tax collectors and soldiers who ask John what they should do. (Luke 3:13). He told them to collect no more that what is honest, and to the soldiers he told them not to intimidate nor falsely accuse anyone... be content with your wages. My job is much like these things. I am a rental property manager. I deal with taking rents and maintaining property management. I am not someone the people really want to see. I am “okay” as a person to them, but you know how it is... a person just wants to pay rent and get it done. Plus, if your yard gets messy, then I am the one knocking on your door. All this authortative control does not create big desire to have a ‘sweet sending off’ party for your property manager... it would be more like a send off of ‘Ding dong the witch is dead.’ lol (Wizard of Oz)

Sometimes, honestly, I would rather be one that bakes everyone cookies and makes the children smile, but this is not the case and I had to make a choice. Do I do the job the Lord has placed me in? Or do I withdraw and try something that would make me popular and give me lots of friends? There are those who have to tow a line and enforce those lines. I suppose we have heard that these types of jobs are mostly thankless. But, they are only thankless on this side of the veil. On the other side, as one departs here, they are welcomed home in Heaven. I believe family lines up to greet their long awaited family member who tarried on earth. I believe the joy of entering Heaven can not be grasped with feeble human words. I just know that while there are funerals on earth, there are homecomings in Heaven.

❤️🦋❤️