what do you do if Saul throws a spear at you...

adminpc
Site Admin

what do you do if Saul throws a spear at you...

Post by adminpc »

I am reading the Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards,

and I love this book. In an early chapter, the author writes about David wondering what to do when King Saul throws a spear at him. Remember, David was the one that refused to touch the anointed king of God. The bible makes his actions an example to us of how we are to respond.. in this book, the author writes about how the mindset of the world relates and how they would handle it. I am sharing that part. It's a good book about how the Lord molds us into His kind of leaders through our own brokenness.

"David had a question: What do you do when someone throws a spear at you? Does it seem odd to you that David did not know the answer to this question? After all, everyone else in the world knows what to do when a spear is thrown at you. Why, you pick up the spear and throw it right back! “When someone throws a spear at you, David, just wrench it out of the wall and throw it back. Everyone else does, you can be sure.”

And in performing this small feat of returning thrown spears, you will prove many things: You are courageous. You stand for the right. You boldly stand against the wrong. You are tough and can’t be pushed around. You will not stand for injustice or unfair treatment. You are the defender of the faith, keeper of the flame, detector of all heresy. You will not be wronged. All of these attributes then combine to prove that you are also a candidate for kingship. Yes, perhaps you are the Lord’s anointed. After the order of King Saul.

There is also a possibility that some twenty years after your coronation, you will be the most incredibly skilled spear thrower in all the realm. And also by then . . . Quite mad."