The Passion Translation

adminpc
Site Admin

The Passion Translation

Post by adminpc »

Perhaps you have heard that Bible Gateway has removed the Passion Bible from it's list of bibles it shares. They say that it is not a good translation, an average paraphrase perhaps, but not a translation. There seems to be an uproar about the Passion Bible because they say it is not accurate. The Passion bible is accused of being bias and a product of the NAR and Word of Faith demoninations. The NAR, New Apostolic Reformation, was started years ago with Peter Wagner, Rick Joyner, Lou Engle, and then added others through the years... Bill Johnson, Kris Vallotton, Jim Goll, and many others. I will leave it to you to google it and make your own decisions. The bottom line seems to be that those who believe in modern day apostles and prophets are the ones who support the Passion Bible, those who don't agree with apostles and prophets holding offices today are the one opposing the Passion Bible.

I found an article against the Passion Bible that helped me continue to respect it. Even though the article was opposing the Bible, they were name calling Dr. Michael Brown and even quoted him. I repect him and his opinion so it gave the Bible more validity to me than i had before. You can read the interview here:

https://churchwatchcentral.com/2017/10/ ... n-simmons/

I personally like the Passion translation. I just wanted to share with you what is going on.