Kris Vallotton:. Generational Curses

adminpc
Site Admin

Kris Vallotton:. Generational Curses

Post by adminpc »

Kris Vallotton: Generational Curses

Neh 1:5

We have sinned against You; I and my father’s house have sinned. We have acted very corruptly against You and have not kept the commandments, nor the statutes, nor the ordinances which You commanded Your servant Moses. Remember the word which You commanded Your servant Moses, saying, “If you are unfaithful I will scatter you among the peoples; but if you return to Me and keep My commandments and do them, though those of you who have been scattered were in the most remote part of the heavens, I will gather them from there and will bring them to the place where I have chosen to cause My name to dwell.” Nehemiah 1:6–9, emphasis added

Believe it or not, the key word in Nehemiah’s prayer is we! It was not Nehemiah who sinned, it was his forefathers. But he took responsibility for their sin so that the people could reap the benefit of his repentance. When Nehemiah embraced his forefathers’ sin as his own, he was able to repent as if he were a partaker of their actions and attitudes. The same principle was established in the pattern of redemption. One lamb was offered each year for an entire family. The apostle Paul pulled this principle into the new covenant when he said, “The unbelieving husband is sanctified through his [believing] wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy” (1 Corinthians 7:14).

In other words, one believer’s righteous stand has the power to break the curses off anyone in their metron, or sphere of authority (see chapter 3). Of course, I do not mean that when we receive Christ our whole family is saved, but instead of curses, they do experience the blessings of a superior Kingdom as long as they remain under our covering.

I personally believe that when we receive Christ, every curse, no matter its origin, should automatically be broken over our lives. We have become a new creation and old things have passed away. We have been given a new heart and a new mind. We are of the royal bloodline of Jesus Christ. Generational sins, hereditary diseases and systemic poverty are not a part of our royal status.

Yet in reality, trespassing demonic spirits oftentimes stymie the full benefits of our inheritance. It is up to us to understand our rights and police the heavens. Remember that the devil is an equal opportunity destroyer!

Kris Vallotton
Spirit Wars