Sj. Real authority is with the children

adminpc
Site Admin

Sj. Real authority is with the children

Post by adminpc »

Luke 10:17

Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

*They used the name of Jesus.
*They belong to Jesus.
*He was their Lord and protector.
*Jesus sent them in his name and authority.
*They had authority.

Acts 19:13
Some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists invoked the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “We command you to come out in the name of Jesus whom Paul preaches.” There were seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva doing this. The evil spirit answered and said, “I know Jesus, and I know Paul, but who are you?” Then the man in whom the evil spirit was jumped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled from that house naked and wounded.

*They did not belong to Jesus. They were not children of God.
*They had no authority to use the name of Jesus
*Jesus was not their Lord and protector
*Jesus did not send them.
*They did not have authority.

John 1:12
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name

~
So if I have an unsaved, heathenistic, brother who tries to go out and cast out a demon of someone in the name of Jesus, he must be told and made to understand that he does not have authority to do this. It would be dangerous for him to do this. We might not see him get beat up Or stripped naked, but it will be costly to him.

Too many times I have heard people claim that they have the authority in the name of Jesus in areas where they have no authority, but they go and they do what they planned on doing anyway. In the long run it turned out for their bad. But they don't realize it is connected to their disobedience and not listening to what someone says when they tell them: If you don't know Jesus - don't try to do Jesus things.

🦋sj