adminpc
Site Admin

Kenneth E Hagin: Healing: Pray For It Yourself

Post by adminpc »

Time to Grow Up and Pray for Yourself
Kenneth’s Son’s Ear Healed

Praying To Get Results
Kenneth E Hagin

My son, who is more than 40 years old, is an ordained minister. For the first 15 years of his life, I carried him on my faith and did his praying for him. He always received his healing. But when Ken was 15 years old, He got a severe ear infection. His ear was really hurting him and he wanted to go to the doctor. The doctor said he had an incurable fungus condition in one ear which he probably got from swimming. Ken kept having to go back to the doctor to have his ear cleaned. The doctor said he probably would lose his hearing in that ear, and it would cause him trouble all his life. The Lord told me that He expected my boy to walk in the light of what he knew because he knew the way. The Lord said my praying wouldn't work for him anymore.

At Christmas time, I had to take Ken back to the doctor to have the fungus cleaned out of his ear again. The doctors said he couldn't go swimming anymore because the more he was around water, the faster the fungus would grow. I told my son what the Lord had told me. I told him he would have to believe God for himself. Ken looked at me, still wanting to use my faith for his healing. I told him that while I would kneel with him when he prayed, I wasn't going to pray at all; he had to pray for himself. He prayed and got his healing. Years have passed and the fungus never reappeared.

If people follow their natural inclinations, they want to remain babies and let someone else carry them. But you can pray the prayer of faith for yourself; quit saying you can't.