– HE ESTABLISHED AUTHORITY OVER THE LAWS OF NATURE, WALKING ON WATER (MATTHEW 14:25).
– HE CONTROLLED THE FORCES OF NATURE, ALTERING WEATHER PATTERNS (MARK 4:39).
– HE TRUMPED THE LAWS OF PHYSICS, MULTIPLYING FOOD, TURNING WATER INTO WINE, TRANSLATING HIS PHYSICAL BODY FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER, AND DESTROYING TREES SIMPLY BY SPEAKING TO THEM (MATTHEW 15:36; JOHN 2:9; 6:21; MARK 11:13–14, 20).
– HE DEMONSTRATED AUTHORITY OVER THE ANIMAL WORLD, USING A FISH TO COLLECT MONEY NEEDED FORA TAX (MATTHEW 17:27).
– HE HAD DOMINION OVER DISEASE, HEALING MULTITUDES (ACTS 10:38).
– HE EVEN DISPLAYED POWER OVER DEATH, BRINGING DEAD PEOPLE BACK TO LIFE (JOHN 11:43–44).
Why did Joseph suffer?
How did Joseph suffer? Well he was hated of his brethren to begin with. He suffered their hatred. Why? Well, there are two sides to that. On the one hand, he suffered because they were carnal; on the other hand, because he stood against that which he perceived to be the way of grief and dishonour to his father.
This is a difficult thing to say without incurring misunderstanding: nevertheless it is a true position. That which really goes on according to the law of the Spirit of life, and in which that law is operating, will have spiritual discernment in respect of carnality in even the Lord’s children, the Father’s family, and, because it has such discernment, will inevitably come to a place where it cannot accept that, but has to repudiate it, has to stand against carnality in the people of God; and immediately you do that, you are ostracized, you are regarded as thinking yourself superior. You are cut off and put out; you are rejected; you are made the object of sneer and reproach; you come into suffering.
Carnality hates to be exposed. Well, that is why Joseph suffered, and that is the way of suffering. It is standing for God’s best, which ever means standing against that which is less than God’s best. T A Sparks