The Lord is my Shepherd
I shall not want
I wake up in the mornings sometimes confessing, “The Lord is my Shepherd. I do not want. I do not want for ability. I do not want for strength. I do not want for money. I do not want for anything. The Lord is my Shepherd.” Kenneth E Hagin.
.♥ Jesus is Love ❤️
Most people, and far too many Christians, believe they can do as they please and still expect God to take care of them. This is a great deception.
.♥ Jesus Is Lord ♥
– HE ESTABLISHED AUTHORITY OVER THE LAWS OF NATURE, WALKING ON WATER (MATTHEW 14:25).
– HE CONTROLLED THE FORCES OF NATURE, ALTERING WEATHER PATTERNS (MARK 4:39).
– HE TRUMPED THE LAWS OF PHYSICS, MULTIPLYING FOOD, TURNING WATER INTO WINE, TRANSLATING HIS PHYSICAL BODY FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER, AND DESTROYING TREES SIMPLY BY SPEAKING TO THEM (MATTHEW 15:36; JOHN 2:9; 6:21; MARK 11:13–14, 20).
– HE DEMONSTRATED AUTHORITY OVER THE ANIMAL WORLD, USING A FISH TO COLLECT MONEY NEEDED FORA TAX (MATTHEW 17:27).
– HE HAD DOMINION OVER DISEASE, HEALING MULTITUDES (ACTS 10:38).
– HE EVEN DISPLAYED POWER OVER DEATH, BRINGING DEAD PEOPLE BACK TO LIFE (JOHN 11:43–44).
I am God, and there is no one like Me, declaring the
end from the beginning and from ancient times things
which have not been done, saying, “My purpose will
be established, and I will accomplish all My good
pleasure” (emphasis added).
What an amazing God! He stands outside of time and
looks ahead, declares the future, and eventually time catches
up to His decree. How preposterous the fools who think they
will outwit or overpower Him!
Luke’s gospel says that even the incarnation—God
becoming human—was caused by a combination of God’s
words and Spirit. When Mary asked how she, a virgin, could
have a child, the angel informed her that the power of the Holy
Spirit would overshadow her and impregnate her with Jesus
(1:35). Then he said, “Nothing will be impossible with God”
This translation doesn’t do justice to the strength of what
the angel actually said. The most literal and accurate rendering
is: “No word spoken by God is without power.” What a claim
this is, and what ramifications it carries for us. Our all-powerful
God infuses transcendent power into His words. They become
the carriers of His awesome strength.